Application Fees & Deadlines
Young Artists (Ages 6-14)
Deadline: May 30th: $25
Young Artist Division
1. Two scales, one major and one minor (scales should be at least 2-octaves but 3-octaves is preferred)
2. Piece of their choice (any Suzuki repertoire, concertos, sonatas etc. are acceptable)
**YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR AUDITION RECORDINGS!
**Recordings may be sent at a later date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Young Artists Division
Virtual Day Camp
June 13 – 20, 2021 from 9:30am to 4pm
**Half of tuition due upon acceptance. Remainder due on 1st day of camp.
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available to eligible students. To be considered, submit a copy of page 1 of your family’s signed, most recent tax return (redacted) at the time of your application. Financial aid materials may also be submitted via email to TexasStringsCamp@gmail.com. You may also provide any additional documentation that describes your circumstances, such as proof of unemployment or reduced lunch applications from public schools
Daily Camp Schedule
Young Artists Division
10 – 10:15. Morning Welcome!
10:15 – 10:45 Private Practice on Zoom, Supervised
10:45 – 11 Break/Snack Time
11 – 11:35 Orchestra Rehearsal or Music Theory (Two Groups, will rotate with afternoon class)
11:35 – 11:50 Break/Snack Time
11:50 – 12:25 Music Theory or Orchestral Rehearsal (Two Groups)
12:30 – 1:20 Lunch Break
1:20 – 1:50 Music History Class
1:50 – 2:00 Break/Snack Time
2:00 – 3:00 Scheduled Lesson, Lesson Observation, or Private Practice (On Rotation)
3 – 3:30 Guest Visitors and Camp Games
- Sundays June 13th and June 20th will be afternoon half days only.
- Full Camp Day Saturday June 19th with adjusted schedule.
What to Bring?
PREPARING FOR THE FESTIVAL
- Music is distributed prior to the festival. Campers should have their parts printed learned before arriving to camp.
- Campers who would like to audition to play on the Rising Stars Concert should prepare their solo piece, and bring the piano accompaniment part. The first round of auditions will happen at the beginning of the festival. There will be a second round for finalists during the festival, which will be announced after the first round is complete.
- Parents are welcome to attend all concerts held in the evenings. Check the festival website for schedule and location information.
- Parents are asked to refrain from attending festival sessions outside of the public concerts as it is important to give campers space to enjoy and fully embrace the festival experience.